Feeling stressed and need to shed some extra calories? An infrared sauna may be the perfect solution for you. Infrared saunas use radiant heat to safely raise your core body temperature and induce a detoxifying sweat in just 20-30 minutes.
Research shows using an infrared sauna can burn up to 600 calories in a 30 minute session, similar to running at a 10 km/h pace on a treadmill. Here’s a calorie burn comparison for a 70 kg person over 30 minutes:
- Infrared sauna: up to 600 calories
- Running at 10 km/h: 300 calories
- Walking at 5 km/h: 143 calories
Better for your Joints
The infrared sauna allows you to torch calories without the joint stress of higher impact exercises. It’s accessible for those with injuries, mobility limitations or who wish to avoid strenuous workouts.
Other benefits of infrared sauna use include:
- Improved circulation and cardiovascular health
- Detoxification through sweating
- Natural pain relief from muscle/joint aches
- Lowered cortisol levels and relaxation
- Healthier skin tone and elasticity
Benefits without the Exhaustive Effort
With infrared technology, you can achieve the perks of moderate exercise without exhaustive effort. Break a sweat, melt away kilojoules, relieve pain and recharge your mind and body with a reclining and tranquil infrared sauna experience.